Wednesday, October 03, 2007

No Good Deed Goes Unnoticed

It has always been my belief that one should always do what they can for those around them. I am a true believer in Karma. I always do my part to help out those around me. While I don't get immediate repayment, I do get the satisfaction of knowing I helped someone in need and that, when the time comes I will get the help I need.

In the past few weeks, I have taken a neighbor to the hospital, pharmacy, and doctor several times. She is dealing with some pretty severe medical problems right now and will be having surgery this month.

I have also helped a dear friend through a financial crisis. While I won't divulge the situation, I will say that she is now on the road to financial recovery.

I have lent out a spare computer to a friend so that she could get on the internet (borrowing another friend's connection) while she is without cable/dsl at her house.

I don't really think about what I do really, I just do what needs to be done. It isn't until someone brings it to my attention that I notice. It appalls me to know that my behavior is not the norm.

No comments: