Friday, June 02, 2006

It's Sandal Time!

I’ve been looking for sandals for a long time. I wore out my flea market purchased $3 Birkenstocks (real ones, gently used) in June of last year. They were good shoes and they served me well for over 2 years. I spent all last summer looking and finally resorted to purchasing a pair of cheap black sandals from Freds for $4.

I have looked online for the Naot sandals that I fell in love with a few years back. Sadly they are over $100 and well beyond my budget. Ebay sellers have Naot sandals but not the style I like. I was determined and kept looking.

At Sam’s I found some for $60 that were made by Birkenstock. They were a tad bit pricey for my tastes and even though Hubby said I could have them, I chose to pass them up.

Last Friday, my parents wanted to check out Khol’s department store. The store is pretty new to our area and none of us had been there. They were having a big sale with many items 50 -80% off. I walked around for a while before finding the one thing I’d come for – the shoe department. I found sandals in a great style which I love for $15.99. I also found some black Birkey style sandals for the same price. For just under $60 ($59.51), I got two pairs of sandals for me and a pair for Hubby. That means that I got 3 pairs of shoes for the price of the 1 pair at Sam’s. I was thrilled!

No comments: