Breakfast today was 2 bananas ($0.25) & a glass of milk ($0.50) for me. Hubby does not like breakfast, however, he does drink soda each morning ($0.25). Total = $1.00
Lunch for both of us was a microwave burrito ($0.25), some cucumber slices (0.50), and some ranch dip (0.25) Total = $1.00
Hubby drinks a lot of tea and water during the day. We figure that it costs us roughly $0.25 for two quarts of tea. He drinks about $0.75 worth of tea each day Total = $0.75
I am going to start "doing the math" on our meals. Tonight I fed Hubby & myself, KK had half of a potato, and we have enough sloppy joes for lunch tomorrow AND about 18 half potatoes left for later meals.
Sloppy Joes -
- 1 pound of ground meat - $1.50
- 1 packet of seasoning - Free (from the free grocery thing) but if I had bought it, we would have spent $0.50
- hamburger buns - $0.50
Twice Baked Potatoes -
- 5 pounds of potatoes - $2.00 (26 halves)
- Container of sour cream - $1.50
- Cheese - $0.50
- Real bacon bits - Free (from the free grocery thing) but if I had bought it, we would have spent $0.50 for 1/3 of the bottle
This means that dinner cost $7.00
Our totals for today's meals/beverages is $9.75. I guess that is a pretty good number considering all of the leftovers. I really would like for our total to be $5.00 or less.