Wednesday, January 07, 2009

2008 Wrap Up & 2009 Challenge

We managed to get rid of over 4,500 things in our 2008 "55 Week Fling"! I was so proud of our efforts. When we started on December 1, 2007, I thought getting rid of 208 things would be difficult. We just kept going and going. It was amazing to see. Even when I thought there was nothing left to get rid of, I would open a drawer or get a box out and see even more things I did not need.

When we took out the tree and decorations, I ended up getting rid of tons of stuff. We had enough extra stuff to do a second tree easily. Of course, I kept enough ornaments and lights for a six foot tree even though we currently have a four foot one. I figure it is better to keep enough than to have to go out and spend money (gasp!) on more stuff!

This brings me to the 2009 Challenge. This year I encourage all of you to join in on Project Purge! Consider getting rid of just one item per day. that is 365 items in a year! My family is donating most items to our local FreeCycle group. This year, as with last year, we are not counting items thrown away.

If you chose to follow along on Project Purge, let me know. I'd love to cheer you on!

No comments: