Monday, April 24, 2006

Gardens

This year, for the first time in my life, I have a garden. I have always liked other people's gardens. However, as an adult I never had a place of my own. Now that the situation is different I have my beloved garden.

This garden spot is in my front yard, below my two front windows. After much discussion, my hubby and I chose to plant herbs. That's right, my 'flower' garden is all herbs! Our thinking was that we wanted something that we would actually USE. We have peppermint, spearmint, dill, lavender, rosemary, basil, oragano, and two tomato plants. It actually looks very quaint with the gnomes and water garden. I'm very impressed with the progress. In just seven days, we have tons of new growth.

Next year, my goal is to have a nice veggie garden in the backyard. I'm hoping to utilize the square foot gardening techiniques that I've been reading about.

No comments: