The Shopping Sherpa left a comment on my blog telling me about The Seven Things Spring & Summer that they are doing. It is based upon the The Original Seven Things Project but took into account the items that are being brought into the home.
This is a great project and one that we definitely want to undertake. That being said, I guess I should start with some personal guidelines. Please note that if you decide to play along, you should make your own guidelines to fit your family.
- Items will be sold, bartered, or given away. Only as a last resort will items be sent to a landfill. The only exceptions to this are items such as shredded paperwork or personal clothing items (panties, bras, etc).
- I will track my weekly progress in my blog and will add photos or information about the items if I have any attachment to them whatsoever.
- If something new comes into our home that is meant as a replacement for an existing item, the original item needs to leave the home ASAP.
- If something new comes into our home as an addition, other items may or may not be removed at the family's digression.
- Gift items coming in to our house do not necessitate removal of an item.