Sunday, April 19, 2009

More thoughts on Food

Today I made the trek to Aldi's and spent a whopping $42.48 there. We were down to a small amount of cash so this was the best I could do. It was sad to see that I'm spending about 30% more on food this year. Anyway, this got the needed ingredients for our meals this week but very little stock up foods.

Hubby got an opportunity to help out a neighbor. She paid him $40 for his services. So while he cooked dinner on the grill, I went to Kroger and got a few things. For $42.94, I got a cart full of frozen veggies! I filled one of the huge re-useable Aldi's bags. We now have 2o bags of veggies ranging in size from 1 to 3 pounds. We also have a huge bag of frozen french fries, a few Cadburry eggs (on clearance) and 2 2liters of generic pop (for hubby). Oh yeah, and a big jar of apple sauce for me.

This means we have all of the ingredients for our meals and plenty of extras. This makes me very very happy and much more secure feeling.

No comments: