Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thoughts on my meal plan...

So far, the whole knowing what is supposed to be for dinner is great! We've had to make two changes primarily because we had a few meat items in the freezer that needed to be used. I ended up making a rosemary pork and potato crock pot meal on Monday to use up two smallish pork loins. Today I'm substituting deer sausage chili for dinner. Wednesday is my day off from my part time job so I am able to spend more time cooking. The only problem is that I will have to run to the store and pick up some more canned beans because in a fog of Fibro issues I forgot to soak beans last night. Oh well, FMS is like that.

All in all, I'm happy. I've cooked 4 nights in a row. My kitchen is clean and I am content. If hubby cooks, he makes a mess and will not clean up as he goes. In his defense, he was a professional chef and had a galley hand. He learned to depend on others to clean the kitchen behind him. Since we do not have kids in the house, I end up having to clean and I hate that!

1 comment:

Skebba said...

Oh, how awesome is that!
You're my inspiration! I SUCK at cooking!