What’s for Dinner – Thursday, December, 3, 2009
Tonight’s dinner is a bit of a Jack concoction. Bless him, he is willing to cook tonight since I’ve been having a bad day. I don’t know what to call it – except dinner. LOL! It isn’t the cheapest meal but I’m sure there will be some leftovers.
I’m trying to add some more veggies into our diets. We try and honestly, we tend to eat with the seasons. In the summer, we eat a lot of fresh veggies from our garden and local food markets. In the winter we eat more stews and chilis and stuff of that nature.
I’m going to start adding a weekly total to the end of these posts. My week will start on Monday and end on Sunday.
- Bag of frozen Mexican Garden Blend Veggies - $1.10
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 pound) - $2
- ¼ pound of shrimp – $1.37
- 2 packs of Goya seasoning – Free (we got this from a store that was going out of business – long story) if purchased about 25 cents
- 1 can of tomatoes - 54 cents
- Rest of the pack of tortillas from yesterday - 60 cents
- Spray olive oil, salt, pepper, etc – 50 cents
- Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream = about 50 cents (cheese was free)
TOTAL = $6.86
Weekly Total = $13.89