Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Everyday Frugal

There are certain things that I do that are frugal and I no longer think about. It is just the way we do business. One of the things that comes to mind is haircuts.

Hubby & I are pretty plain when it comes to our hair. I keep mine long and straight (it hangs below my tailbone) and he likes to keep his pretty short.

For years now I've been giving him regular 'buzz-cuts' with our handy dandy set of clippers. We clean and oil them after each use so that they will have a long life.

Hubby trims my hair willingly as well. I have had my share of hairdressers who just want to chop all of my hair off. Hubby would rather do the minor trim for me rather than have to see me with short hair!

Yesterday evening, I pulled out the clippers and we took his hair down to "summer legnth" (read: nearly bald). He loves it and I'm thrilled that we saved, at the very least, $12 plus tip.

I figure we have saved over $100 per year on haircuts by doing this.

What are some of the frugal things you do without thinking about it?

No comments: