Monday, May 22, 2006

Thrifty Thrills

Does anyone else get a thrill from knowing that they are dressed in nice, fashionable clothing, comparable to what their peers are wearing, and that they spent very little on their outfit? Today’s clothing (outer clothes only – not underthings) cost me under $5. I love knowing that I can wear things that are nice and appropriate and not break the bank.

I pretty much have my outfits laid out for the week. Everything I will wear this week came from either yard sales, thrift stores, or freebies (from friends, family, etc). It’s pretty inspiring for me. I can add in my handmade or re-made jewelry and have complete outfits!

I guess perhaps I could be off my rocker!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I love doing that...I'm wearing my $4.00 jeans today that actually FIT me.

I think as long as you look good and you feel good, you can wear whatever you want! :)

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

I totally get a charge out of that. There are some days where my underthings are the only thing I'm wearing that I bought new. . .

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

I totally get a charge out of that. There are some days where my underthings are the only thing I'm wearing that I bought new. . .