Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Frugal Crafting

I found this great tutorial to make a wrap bracelet.  I waited until I found a piece of ball chain & then went through my stash to see if I had the other items needed.  In the first one I made, I improvised by using embroidery floss instead of waxed linen cord.  In the second one, I used colored hemp & pearl bead chain stuff.  I really like how they turned out. 


Why am I even writing about this??  

I want to show that one can recreate something at home using materials on hand without breaking the bank at the craft store buying things that can only be used once or twice.   

I try to be true to my belief that things should be used up, reused, recycled or upcycled whenever possible.  
 
I want to try my hand at altered books. Things are SO expensive for the hobby if you buy all of the latest products.  Instead I want to recreate these looks for less.  Keep watching this space to see if I'm able to achieve my goal.

No comments: