Sunday, April 08, 2012

Not-so-Frugal Weekend

There was not a whole lot going on this weekend frugal wise.  Or at least nothing that was not the norm for us.  


  • I did laundry with homemade detergent & fabric softener
  • I did dishes with homemade dish washer detergent
  • We ate most meals at home to save money (one special lunch with Jer eaten out)
  • We drink mainly water
  • I made homemade bread instead of buying 
As he was washing pots & pans by hand, my nephew was so excited to learn that the homemade dish washer detergent cleaned so well.  

Oh, I wore a new to me outfit for Easter Sunday.  I got the skirt in January at a thrift store.  I think it was $3 (expensive for me but I loved it).  The shirt was a beautiful array of colors with a butterfly motif on the front.  Jeremy's mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift.  I wore it for the first time today.  Total out of pocket for me was just $3 & everyone talked about how how cute it was. 

I want to plan for my frugal week.  I have a few things I have to do around town so I'm going to be trying to combine trips.  Gas is so expensive these days!  

No comments: