Thursday, April 12, 2012

Recycling


I moved into a new house at the first of February.  In the house, we have a trash can that gets picked up one time per week.  Each week, the can is overflowing.  In the past I recycled but the recycle center was close to my house.  Since moving, I have not had that luxury.

I did some research today & found out that the Agricenter in Memphis has recycling for the city.  The recycling center is 9 1/2 miles from my house. We plan to go there weekly & will combine the trip with a visit to the Agricenter's Farmer's Market.  We've not been there before so I am excited to check it out.

We set up 3 plastic totes in the garage where we will separate our recycling.  I made this a job for the boys, hoping that they will use this as a learning experience. They will go with me weekly to deliver our recycling.  Our hope is to reduce our landfill trash by 25% within the first week.  I'll post pictures again next Thursday.

No comments: