Monday, April 16, 2007

Frustrations

We have Dish Network at our house. I know it isn’t the most frugal thing to have but we have it. About a month and a half ago, someone called and offered us a special on Showtime. We agreed as long as we could drop Starz at no cost. Did you know they charge $5 to change your service?! We got the bill. It was $88! We were charged for two premium packages!!

Hubby called them today and got nowhere. The phone employees are all overseas (India? Pakistan?) and they have language barriers. While I realize that they are just doing their job, don’t they realize that I do not want to pay them that kind of money for services I do not have?

We really enjoy watching television at our house. However, after the treatment we received from three employees today, I do believe that when our contract is up with Dish Network, we will cancel our service.

I sent a complaint email today. They are supposed to respond within 24 hours. I’ll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hate to tell ya, but DirecTV is not any better. We have had a very frustrating year with that company. Their DVR box is the worst one in the world and after numerous calls, free Showtime, free Starz package, etc.. they have finally agreed to let us buy a DVR off of Ebay and will (supposedly) reimburse us. It has been a nightmare with that company. Hopefully your scenario will turn out much, much better :)