Tuesday, April 17, 2007

List O' Freebies

Do any of you keep track of the Freebies that come into your life? I have found that it is very rewarding to see these things listed. The last page in my paper journal is reserved for these little things. Be it a donut at work or a book from the local freecycle group, whatever it is, I will write it down.

On those days when I’m feeling particularly low or when I feel like I am beating my head against a wall with these frugal endeavors, I like to read over the list. It makes me feel good.

I also keep a list of the random kindnesses I do for others. This forces me to focus on being kind and generous to my fellowman.



Today, my boss took us out to lunch for a co-worker's birthday. We were treated to P.F. Changs and had so much food that I have enough left over for dinner tonight for Hubby and myself!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

That's nice that you got free lunch and were able to bring so much home. I look forward to and enjoy these things also.

Fianna said...

I don't keep track of the freebies I get. I do get disappointed if, when I check the mail every couple of days that there aren't any new ones! I have read about people keeping track of the requests that they have placed and contacting the companies if they aren't received! I love using the freebies, makes me happy to know that I have saved some $$$!

Mmmm, Pf Changs! love it! Have you tried Pei Wei? They are great as well!