Monday, April 02, 2007

Yard Sales + Lots of Walking = Fibro Flare!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I went to a community yard sale on Saturday and I guess I did too much. Now I'm paying the price for my "fun" so to speak.

I got 12 books for a total of $3.75. This means I paid right at 31 cents per book. Two of them are a gift for my mom for her birthday. The others will probably be read and either given to my mom or sold at the local Bookrack. I can trade books there for same genre books. They take my books and give me 1/4 of cover price. They sell them at 1/2 of cover price. If I pay 50 cents or so for the book, in essence I am making money.

I also got a clock for my kitchen ($1). We are in the process of remodeling this room and the clock is the perfect match to the colors and style I selected.

I picked up a nice decorative basket to sit on the kitchen counter to hold my medications for $1.00. I also got hubby a new (literally) belt ($1) and pair of like new shoes ($1). I got a tea light style lamp ($1), a party lite bowl and plate set ($1), and a small Tupperware brand container (50 cents).

All in all I think I quite well. I did not find any work shorts or tees for Hubby but I still have the rest of the summer left for 'shopping'. We're not in a desperate need for these items but they are things he will definately need and use.

The rest of the weekend was spent trying to recouperate. I did manage to get the kitchen cleaned up and part of the refrigerator organized but that took 1 1/2 hours instead of the normal 20 minutes. I didn't get the summer stuff out of the attic or the winter stuff put up. I guess that can wait until later in the week.

No comments: