Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Comfort Dinner - Beef and mushrooms

Last night's dinner was absolutely wonderful. It was a nice comfort meal. It was low in cost and very filling. I thought I'd share the recipe. I concocted it myself after looking over several different ones online.

Beef & Mushrooms

  • 1.5 pounds of some sort of beef - I used ground meat patties from the local meat market.
  • 2 cans of mushrooms, liquid included - I use the small ones from Aldi
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • Soup mix - you can use the packets of onion soup mix (2) or use seasonings - or you can do what I did. We buy wonton soup base from an Asian market. It is a good sized can that makes quite a few quarts of soup and only cost $1.59.
  • Onion powder (omit if you use onion soup mix)
  • Black pepper to taste
  • White rice - we use Jasmine rice here - or Egg noodles
Directions:
  • Put the mushrooms and their juice, cans of mushroom soup, soup mix, onion powder, and black pepper in the slow cooker. Mix this together a bit.
  • Toss the meat in the slow cooker and stir it together.
  • Put it on low for 8 - 10 hours or high for 4 - 6 hours.
  • Just before serving, make rice or egg noodles
  • Serve on top of the rice or egg noodles
It was quite good. I had a lot of sauce left but little meat. That was a nice lunch for me today.

If you make this, tell me about it!

1 comment:

BunnyKissd said...

Sounds yummy!