Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When Life Gets You Down

It seems like I'm forever picking myself back up from one pitfall after another. 2009 has been filled with medical issues like crazy. Thankfully nothing serious but I really feel as if I've been pulled through the proverbial ringer a few times.

Instead of letting life get the best of me, I'm going to move forward. I greatly admire those who unschool their children and quite frankly I try to unschool myself most of the time. An unschooling family I know is doing Project 365 where you take a photo per day to chronicle your year. If they miss a day, so what. If they get 50 pictures in one day, great! I'm learning a lesson from this family and learning that whatever happens today is what is meant to happen. My projects and goals for 2009 may have been left by the wayside for a while. That is okay. Life happens. I have to learn to accept the limitations and challenges in my life. I will move forward from here. If it takes me 3 years to get 365 days of photos, that is ok. If my photo blog only gets a challenge once per month, that is perfectly acceptable.

Life happens.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

No comments: